|Sectors||Business and Administration, Health and Social Care|
Position: Apprentice Health & Social Care – Administrator
Apprenticeship Framework: Health & Social care
Apprenticeship Length: Approx 12 months
On offer after Apprenticeship: Full time position and fantastic career progression
Rate of pay: £6.00 per hour (plus salary review after 3 months)
Hours: Full time must be flexible
Location: The Paddock, Handforth, SK9
Start Date: July/August
A great opportunity for an individual with an interest in Health & Social Care, must be willing to study for NVQ relevant to the sector.
The successful candidate will gain hands on experience as a Carer and also have the opportunity to work within the office environment to gain an understanding of the business management side of Domiciliary Care. Working in a supported learning environment to develop the skills and knowledge which will assist the individual to complete an industry related qualification.
Carer - Summary of Role:
To support vulnerable adults to live in their own homes, ensuring safety and
promoting/maintaining their independence at all times when providing Companionship,
Home Help or Personal Care. Encourage client’s individuality and enhancing their quality of
life. To represent Alice Chilton professionally in the community.
1. To provide administrative support to the office based team in order to facilitate a high quality and responsive In-Home Care Service.
2. To promote in a positive and professional manner, the image of the company’s In-Home Care Services Limited.
3. Taking client and carer enquiries over the telephone, face to face and updating the spreadsheet.
4. To become familiar with the Home Care system software to enable client and carer records to be updated on a daily basis.
b. Cancelled/late calls
c. Client compliments/complaints
d. Adding new carers and clients to the system
e. Confirming appointments
f. Adding/deleting appointments
g. Checking rates of pay
5. Processing DBS applications.
6. HR support - applying for carer references, scanning carer ID and ensuring all relevant documentation is gathered and saved onto the Care Planner system.
7. Ensuring adequate stock levels of key items – gloves, aprons, hand gels, printer cartridges.
8. Updating diaries.
9. Daily post duties.
10. To take part in meetings and training as requested.
• Able to communicate both written and orally, good attention to detail and to present information clearly and concisely.
• Able and willing to follow instruction and learn new tasks.
• Able to work flexibly as part of a team.
• Willing to learn and take responsibility for own development.
• Willing to organise own workload.
• Able to attend work at the required times.
• This role will require an Enhanced satisfactory clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), formally known as the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB).
If you believe you would make a great addition to the team, then we would like to hear from you.
We expect this position to be extremely popular, so please send your CV in asap. The vacancy may close early if sufficient applicants are received
• Aged 16+
• Resident in the UK for the last 3 years
What should I expect?
• Commitment – Are YOU willing to give 100%
• Wage – Be prepared to take a lower wage than national minimum rate.
• Home work – Be prepared to complete some course work in your own time
• Work load – You will have to complete written work for each module in preparation for the assessors visit, normally a couple of hours a week.
• Delivery – Written and observational work when the assessor visits you
• Assessor – Visits every 4-6 weeks and offers full support
• Maths & English – Key skills Math and English assessments to be completed at the start of the apprenticeship
• Level 2 – GCSE grades A – C
• Level 3 – A Level
If you wish to post a vacancy for an apprenticeship or have any questions or queries, please complete the details below. A member of the team will contact you back shortly....
* Indicates a required field