|Sectors||Business and Administration, Digital Marketing, Marketing|
Position: Business and Marketing Support Assistant
Reports to: Head of Operations
Qualification: Level 3 Business Administration & Digital Marketing
Apprenticeship Length: 12 months minimum with a planned 6-month review
On offer after Apprenticeship: Full time position and fantastic career progression
Rate of pay: £5.60 p/h (18-21) £7.05 p/h (over 21)
Benefits: Opportunities to work alongside and be mentored by experienced leaders across education, business and finance. Provision of a Laptop/ Mobile Phone/ IT Support- Sick pay.
Hours: 36.25 hours - Flexibility within the working week of 8am-5pm with some occasional weekend work if required. Ability to work the hours needed to meet all the demands of the job e.g. recruitment fair
Location: The Dunham Trust Central Offices, Acre Hall Primary School, Manchester M41 6NA
Other Information: Mileage costs incurred within the working day will be paid
Start Date: Agreement on application
This post is to support 3 Teaching School Alliances and comprises three primary mainstream and one specialist primary school. The member schools are all National Teaching School Alliances (everyonelearning@ Lime Tree/Hawthorns/Gatley and Elmridge). All members wish to maintain their unique identity whilst acknowledging the commonality that exists between elements of their work. They are keen to develop opportunities for collaboration and partnership working across the North West. Together, they are committed to improving the outcomes for the children and communities they serve.
The position will be supported by “on the job” training by a national training provider to achieve a nationally recognised Qualification; therefore, the successful candidate must be willing to undertake an apprenticeship programme and reflective wage.
This will be aided by an Assessor who will carry out all assessment as work based learning, within the workplace.
To support the marketing, promotion and brand development of the three identified Teaching School Alliances (everyonelearning@LimeTree/Hawthorns/Gatley and Elmridge). The role will be diverse and therefore will require a large degree of flexibility.
Responsibilities/Duties- at the discretion of the individual member
The role demands excellent people skills and customer- focused attention to detail together with excellent logistical competence, energy, enthusiasm and the willingness
to go the extra mile to ensure the effective delivery of the key priorities of the member schools.
● Update websites- ensuring activity is current and detailed
● Manage and contribute to Twitter/Blogs/Facebook where applicable to promote the individual organisations
● Support all key events- e.g. Conferences/Training/Promotional events/Meetings
● Produce and distribute termly newsletters
● Prepare marketing materials for specific events
● Be responsible for promoting positive brand identities
● Plan and deliver the full range of marketing activities over the course of an academic year
● Liaise with newspapers, magazine, online agencies and other media to deliver a
considered and cost‐ effective advertising programmes
● Manage and contribute to an online calendar detailing all key areas of activity across the member organisations e.g. CPD courses
● Manage and contribute to email accounts
● To create and co-ordinate all feedback and evaluations from events – with detailed and measured impact
● Prepare event resources including hospitality where applicable
● To promote individual and joint offers of work
● To work across all member organisations on an agreed programme of work each week
● To access training and development to support ongoing development of the role
You should have/Be
● Professional approach and appearance
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
● Confident, build positive relationships quickly and easily
● Show initiative- forward plan
● Excellent time management
● Flexible/Adaptable to change
● GCSE English and Maths Grade C or equivalent
● Evidence of IT/COMPUTING experience whether through an awarded qualification or independently
● Proficient in accessing and using Office 2016 and its associated software to prepare presentations/documents/newsletters for general distribution/ send -receive emails
● Have a driving licence with business use
● DBS and other appropriate checks including disqualification by association where applicable
● Evidence of recent work experience
● Be aware and comply with policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
● To adhere to the school Health and Safety Policy including risk assessment and safety systems
● To adhere to all policies
● Holidays to be taken out of term time
● To contribute to the overall ethos and aims of all member schools and partners
If you believe you would make a great addition to the members, then we would like to hear from you.
Be sure to register your personal profile with us so we can match you to other opportunities we have.
We expect this position to be extremely popular, so please send your CV in asap. The vacancy may close early if sufficient applicants are received
● Aged 16+
● Resident in the UK for the last 3 years
What should I expect?
● Commitment – Are YOU willing to give 100%
● Wage – Be prepared to take a lower wage than the national minimum wage rate.
● Home work – Be prepared to complete course work in your own time (school holidays)
● Work load – You must complete written work for each module in preparation for the assessors visit, normally a couple of hours a week. (Time will be built into your working week to support this expectation)
● Delivery – Written and observational work when the assessor visits you
● Assessor – Visits every 4-6 weeks and offers full support
● Maths & English – Key skills Maths and English assessments to be completed at the start of the apprenticeship
● Level 3 – A Level
If you wish to post a vacancy for an apprenticeship or have any questions or queries, please complete the details below. A member of the team will contact you back shortly....
* Indicates a required field